These are basically a Mock Larabar (just do a google search and you’ll come up with hundreds of examples of varieties you can make at home just by altering the type of nut, dried fruit and flavor options)
I love making No-Bake Snack Balls because:
- They are super versatile (can be adapted based on ingredients on hand or your personal preferences).
- They are healthier than most store-bought granola bars (most of which are simply a slightly “healthified” version of candy bars)
- They are fairly simple to make and less expensive than prepackaged Larabars. (which are an exception to the above statement–check nutrition facts panel and see that they consist of primarily dates and nuts–no added sugars or oils–only downside is the cost).
- They have a long shelf life (several weeks if you can manage to not eat them), as compared with bars or snacks made with flour & eggs which will go rancid in a few days. These will last weeks in the refrigerator and months in the freezer.
- They seriously taste awesome–dates are so sweet, even people who generally don’t like healthy options like these!
Tropical No-Bake Snack Balls
- 1 cup Dates, chopped (pour ¼ cup boiling water over to soften)
- 1 cup Sunflower Seeds
- 2 T Chia Seeds
- ¼ cup dried unsweetened Coconut
- 5 Figs
- 5 Apricots
- 1 T Honey (optional)
- 2 T Coconut Flour (or as needed to help form)
- Pour boiling water over dates and let sit at least 10 minutes to soften.
- Put sunflower seeds in food processor and pulse until chopped (don’t let food processor run at this point or it could become a paste).
- Remove nuts and throw in all dried fruit and honey (if desired).
- Run food processor until the dried fruit forms a paste or a ball. Add coconut, sunflower, and chia seeds and pulse until just combined.
- Add a bit of coconut flour until “dough” is able to hold together without sticking to your hands.
- Roll into balls and place in refrigerator to firm up a bit.
Linked: Fat Tuesday, Im Addicted to Recipes, The Gathering Spot, Our Delightful Home, Love Bakes Good Cakes, Homemaker on a Dime, The Winthrop Chronicles, Inside BruCrew, Blessed with Grace, A Humble Bumble, Inspiration Tuesdays, Memories by the Mile, ShowOffYourShell, Nice to Meet You, Do Small Things with Love, Hun Whats for Dinner, New Nostalgiam, Tasteful Tuesdays, Mandy’s Recipe Box, Slightly Indulgent Tuesdays, Hearth and Soul, What I Ate Wednesday, This Chick Cooks, Wow Me Wenesday, Wednesday Extravaganza, Not Done Growing, White Lights on Wednesday, Lady Behind the Curtain, Work it Wednesdays , Wellness Walkabout, Wordless Wednesdays, What’s Cookin’ Wednesday, Fluster Buster, Chef’s Day Off, Adorned from Above, Fresh Foods Wednesday, Two Girls and a Party, Party Wave Wednesdays, Real Food Wednesdays, Healthy2Day, Wildcrafting Wednesday, Gluten Free Wednesdays, Allergy Free Wednesdays, Seasonal Celebration, Mommy ClubCreative Juice Thursdays Full Plate Thursday SimpleLives ThursdayTasty Traditions, The Taylor House, Showcase your Talent Thursday, Blogstalking Thursday, Link it up Thursday, Eat Make Grow, Thriving on Thursdays, Green Resource Thursdays, Thinktank ThursdayLove of Family and Home, Allergy Free Fridays, Foodie Friday, Foodie Friday, Fight Back Friday, Fresh Bites Friday, Gluten Free Friday, Natural Living Mondays, Insprie Me Monday, Melt in Your Mouth Monday, Meatless Mondays, Homestead Hop, Marvelous MondaysThe Gathering Spot, Tots and Me