Brussels Sprouts got an unnecessarily bad rap. They are notoriously cited as one of children‘s most hated foods and often written off as this strange sort of “rabbit food” which could never possibly taste good. Granted mushy, mealy, canned Brussels sprouts aren’t going to win any popularity contests, but oven roasted from fresh, they are to die for!
As a bonus, Brussels Sprouts are awesome for you! They are:
- Full of antioxidants (substances that reduced oxidative stress)
- One of the top sources of glucosinolates and other phytonutrients (cancer protective)
- Shown to be effective at lowering cholesterol
- Beneficial for thyroid function
- Shown to contain anti-inflammatory substances
- Supportive of detoxification pathways
- A shown to promote digestive benefits (4 grams fiber per serving)
- 1 pound Brussels Sprouts
- 2 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil (or melted coconut oil)
- 2 Tablespoons Chopped Garlic Cloves (if desired)
- Splash Apple Cider Vinegar
- Sea Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Rinse brussels sprouts and pull off any icky looking leaves.
- Place in glass or stainless steel pan and drizzle with olive oil and ACV.
- Sprinkle salt, pepper, and garlic over top.
- Roast approx 30 minutes until the edges start browning stirring once or twice to prevent from sticking to the pan.