There are a lot of renditions of bean-based desserts out there (btw if you think beans are a weird “dessert” ingredient, I challenge you to consider the 2 most popular dessert flavors-hint one starts with a “V” and the other starts with a “C“–now think about the origin of both of these flavors? Point made.)–I adapted my version from several others based on what I had on hand and ingredients I like!
These are no-bake and contain no potentially hazardous unbaked ingredients, so perfectly safe to eat the “batter” out of the bowl (and I did). It does require refrigeration to firm up and will keep several days refrigerated and even longer frozen.
No flour, no sugar, and no artificial ingredients–and yet, they are as tasty as they look (as evidenced by the fact that there is apparently an
attempted bite-mark-cover-up on that closest piece….).
Give it a try and let me know what you think!
- 1 cup Dried Navy Beans (soaked overnight, cooked and cooled)
- 1½ cup Dried Coconut
- 1 Overripe Banana (super overripe!)
- 3 Squares Unsweetened Baking Chocolate, melted
- 10 Drops Stevia
- 1 T Vanilla Extract
- Pinch of Salt
- Toast the coconut at 350 for about 15 minutes until it starts to brown (and smell toasty!)
- Place in food processor and blend until you get a smooth coconut butter (you may have to stop and scrape the sides several times–it’s worth it!)
- Add remaining ingredients and enough of the cooked beans to make a smooth batter.
- Sweeten to taste (add a bit of honey if preferred–mine were plenty sweet with just the banana and stevia)
- Spread into an 8×8 pan.
- Cut into squares.
Linked: Marvelous Mondays Frugal Crafty, Homestead Barnhop, Natural Living Monday, Melt in Your Mouth Mondays, Meatless Mondays , Inspire Me Mondays, Fat TuesdayThe Gathering Spot, Winthrop Chronicles, Blessed with Grace, Simple Supper Tuesday, Memories by the Mile, Totally Tasty Tuesdays, Totally Tasty Tuesday, Tasteful Tuesdays, Slightly Indulgent Tuesdays, Wildcrafting Wednesday, WIAW, Healthy2Day, Adorned from Above, Whole Foods Wednesday, Wednesday Whatsits, Cast Party Wednesday, Wednesday Extravaganza, Happy Day, Gluten Free Wednesday, Sustainable Ways Wednesday, Show and Share, Buns in my Oven, Chefs Day Off, Fresh Foods Wednesday, Party Wave Wednesday, Cultured Palate The Taylor House Gluten Free Friday All Things Thursday, Foodie Friday, Foodie Friday, Fight Back Friday, Whole Foods Friday, Wellness Weekends