Just one of the many possible examples of throwing meat and vegetables into a slow cooker along with your favorite spices, letting it simmer all day coming home to the smell of pure deliciousness and meat falling off the bone.
I obtained meaty neckbones from Lick Creek Beef for $2.99/pound and picked up some carrots and onions from the farmers market. Sided with some broccoli, green beans or brussels sprouts, this makes an incredibly rich and nutritionally balanced meal. Make a lot for leftovers all week!
- 2 Pounds Grassfed Beef (or other meat on a bone)
- 2 T Coconut Oil (or olive oil)
- 2 T Coffee Grounds
- 1 t Salt
- ½ t Black Pepper
- 1 t Cocoa Powder
- 1 t Cinnamon
- 1 t Garlic Powder
- 1 t Onion Powder
- 3 Heads Garlic, peeled and chopped
- 4 Onions, sliced
- 1 Pound Carrots, peeled and sliced
- 4 cups stock or water (the water will pretty much become a stock)
- Mix together all spice rub ingredients (coffee grounds through onion powder) and coat the meat well.
- Heat coconut oil in pan over medium high heat and sear the meat a few minutes on each side. Place in slow cooker on low.
- Meanwhile saute garlic and onion over medium heat with coconut oil still in pan (add more if needed). Add carrots and cook just a few minutes longer.
- Add vegetables to the pot along with stock and leave on low for 6-7 hours.
- Strip meat from bones and devour!
Linked: Wildcrafting Wednesday, Healthy2Day, Whole Foods Wednesday, Wednesday WhatsIts, Wednesday Extravaganza, What’s Cookin Wednesday, Wednesday Fresh Foods, Party Wave Wednesday, Real Food Wednesday, Gluten Free Wednesday, Allergy Free Wednesday, Frugally Sustainable, Mommy Club, Tasty Traditions, Create it Thursday, Winthrop Chonicles, Create it Thursday, Thriving on Thursday, Joyful Homemaking, RecipeSharing Monday, Tried & True, The Gathering Spot, Fat Tuesday, Simple Supper Tuesday, Slightly Indulgent Tuesday, Farming Connection Hop, Antiprocrastination Tuesday, Totally Tasty Tuesday, Tempt My Tummy, Creative Bloggers Party Hop, Living Green Tuesdays,